.

Welcome friends, family and supporters! It is official, I am of to Paris on my push bike. This is not a desperate bid to get to the fashion capital on a budget, I have discovered there is so much more to life than Chanel and Louis Vuitton.

On 1 September 2010 I am cycling London to Paris to raise vital funds and awareness for WaterAid.

1 in 8 of the world’s population do not have access to safe water and 2.6 billion (not a typo, that is with a b) do not have access to adequate sanitation.
One child every 20 seconds dies due to diarrhoea caused by unclean and poor sanitation. I hope you are shocked at these appalling statistics and dig deep to support me on my cycle to Paris for a great charity that really does make a difference.



Wednesday 11 August 2010

Please Pledge Just £1

Eight months ago I was laughing and joking about cycling from London to Paris, having not been on a bike for years. Since then I have been on an incredible journey, learning so much about so many different things and never could I have imagined that I would be having such a great experience. 

Never before have I ever done anything like this but I can say for sure this will not be my last. The challenges I have been used to have been academic ones, using my brain to achieve. Over the last few months of training I have learnt there is another type of challenge, one which needs strength, stamina and resilience. A physical challenge is new to me and hard to master. I'm not going to lie, there have definitely been a few tantrums and tears along the way, in fact it's been quite the emotional roller-coaster. The feeling of  ecstasy once I've climbed up into the relentless Peak District is one I can't put into words.

From time to time though I forget that "I" am not the only reason I'm doing this. My aim was to raise £2,000 for WaterAid. Women in Africa and Asia commonly have to carry 20kg of water on their heads over unimaginable long distances. This, thankfully, is a physical challenge I will never have to endure and I wish no-one else had to either. Water is a basic human need however, there are still 1 in 8 of the world's population who do not have access to safe, clean drinking water.
All I ask of you, as a supporter, is to take a few minutes watching the video below and to pledge £1 (or as much as you can afford) to WaterAid and help End Water Poverty.

To pledge £1 please click on the link www.justgiving.com/cycleaid

Thank you 

No comments:

Post a Comment